The place to access your Free Legal Rights Information

Download PDF

Civil Partnerships Act 2011 – 22 March 2016

Civil Partnerships Regulation 2012 – 1 July 2016

Quick to view summary

A couple of the same sex or different sex may enter into a civil partnership that is a legally recognised relationship. 1 of the persons to the relationship must live in Queensland.

  • Sections 4, 5, 6, 7

A person may apply to the government in the approved form to be registered as a civil partnership notary. For the eligibility criteria, refer to subsection 20(5) of the Act.

  • Sections 20, 20A; Regulations 6, 7
Reason for law


Relevant links

Civil partnerships [Queensland Government]

Entering a civil partnership

Find a civil partnership notary





× Note: Advertising on this webpage does not indicate that the entity advertising has any specialist expertise or accreditation. If specialist expertise or accreditation is promoted by the advertiser, they will have provided such information in their logo with no involvement from Access Point Law. It is expressly made clear that Access Point Law does not guarantee any level of expertise or accreditation of any advertiser and does not guarantee the accuracy of advertising information. You are encouraged to make your own enquires.

The author expressly disclaims all liability for loss or damage arising from your use or reliance on advertising information published at any time on this website.

Disclaimer: The information published on this webpage has been provided free for the benefit of the public and does not act as advice to any individual or other entity. If you require advice relating to your situation, go visit your professional adviser. The author and any third party advertising on this webpage expressly disclaim all liability for loss or damage arising from your use or reliance on the information published at any time on this webpage.

PLEASE NOTE: The information published on this webpage may be out-of-date. Please compare the currency date of the Act/Regulation against that published on the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel website. If you require access to Commonwealth statute law, please visit the ComLaw website. If you require access to the local council laws (by-laws), please visit the Local laws database.

Featured image from Flickr Commons –


Access Point Law | ABN 85 103 203 656
Copyright 2015 Andrew Bird